New Year, New Everything

January 09, 2017

Well, it's been a really long time.

Has it not?

It's time to be honest, I fell out of love with blogging. I don't really know why. Maybe it had something to do with me going through the biggest change in my life (more of that later). Maybe it was because I felt exhausted and sluggish. Maybe it was because I was finding what I had to say monotonous and boring, that no one else wanted to hear or read it. Maybe it was because I found a lot of people in my personal life began following my blog twitter account and I felt uncomfortable sharing this part of me with them.  Maybe it was for all those reasons. I don't really know. But what I do know is that I have a slight urge to begin again.

I don't want to say I'm back because that is something I cannot promise nor guarantee. There is a lot going on in my life right now so putting time into this little space isn't always going to be feasible. Do you know what though? It's okay. That's they beauty of having my own blog, it's my own place that I can put as much into as I want to.

So what has happened?

Well, I had a baby! My beautiful baby boy arrived on the 20th of November 2016 at 3.17am, weighing 7lbs 2oz and turned my little family into a family of three plus dog. The last seven or so weeks have been manic. There was the recovery from birth which wasn't as easy as I thought it would be. Trust me, you don't just pop out the baby and bounce back to your normal self within 24 hours! It is a process. We endured sleepless nights with a colicky baby, adapting to life with a baby before being thrown into the Christmas period and visiting family. It's only just starting to level out now and become a bit more "normal".

Our lives have changed by becoming parents so it's only normal that things around here will change too. Hence the title of this post.

This blog isn't going to become a full on parenting blog but it will contain more than its fair share of family life. After all, my family, especially that baby boy who is lying sleeping in my arms as I type, is everything to me and it is my hope and my intention to use this space as a documentation of our lives as a family of three. I'm even toying with a new name and layout but there is nothing set in stone yet as, to be honest, I have no idea what to call it.

So here is what you can expect from me in the future...
  • Family Trip/Adventures - Other than the odd trip to the shops and a few walks in the New Year it hasn't been particularly easy to get out the house with a baby in tow but over the coming month as he becomes better at going out I'm sure there will be many trips and adventures to record.
  • My weight loss journey - Over the last couple of years I have put on more weight than I would have liked. A lot of this is down to the failed pregnancies of 2015 and then our successful one last year, and my enjoyment of food and disdain for organised exercised. Let it be known that I want to change that in 2017. It is my hope that I can get back to roughly the size and weight I was for my wedding but I'm not putting any numbers or time frame on it right now. 
  • Recipes - With wanting to lose weight I have been looking at healthier recipes. I need to step away from the convenient takeaways and sweets, and try more tasty, home-cooked meals and smoothies. It's only right that I share any good ones with you.
  • Parenting anecdotes, thoughts and worries - It isn't my intention to put everything about life as a mum on the internet (privacy please!) but there are issues or thoughts that I will want to share. 
I don't know how this is going to work over the next month or so. I don't know if I'll set up a whole new blog as I already feel as though I am starting from scratch again - and might it just be better to wipe the slate clean and begin again entirely? I don't know if I'll get a new name or a layout. I don't know if I'll even manage to post semi regularly but I'm going to try. There's so much happening in 2017 and I want it all to be documented somewhere...
Previous Post Older Post Home

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .